Big Dungeon Experience in a Small Box in ‘One Deck Dungeon: Forests of Shadows’
Posted on August 17, 2018 by Michael G. Pistiolas
Do you like dungeon crawls, but don’t like the hassle of having to set up a large board? Do you like rolling lots of dice, but don’t want to manage stat and damage charts? Do you sometimes want to take on all the bad guys by yourself? Then do I have a game for you — One Deck Dungeon: Forest of Shadows.
What Is One Deck Dungeon: Forest of Shadows?
One Deck Dungeon: Forest of Shadows (FoS) is a standalone sequel to One Deck Dungeon. The game packs a dungeon crawl experience into a single deck of cards. While it plays the same as its predecessor, with plenty of dice rolling and critical decisions, the game introduces new heroes, encounters, bosses, and even a new poison mechanic. It’s for 1–2 players, plays in 30–60 minutes, and is for age 14+; however, the game’s straightforward mechanics and age-appropriate artwork make it accessible to younger children. Published by Asmadi Games, One Deck Dungeon: FoS MSRP’s for $25.
What’s in the box?
This is a small box game (approximately 5.5″ by 4″ by 2″), so it won’t take up much space on your shelf and is easy to travel with. The box itself is sturdy and all the components easily fit back in.
Inside the box you will find:
- 1 Rulebook
- 5 Hero Cards
- 30 Dice (8 Pink/Agility, 8 Yellow/Strength, 8 Blue/Magic, 6 Black/Heroic)
- 1 Turn Reference Card
- 1 Campaign Sheet Pad
- 57 Card Deck (44 Encounter Cards, 4 Level Cards, 5 Dungeon/Boss Cards, 2 Basic Skill Cards, 1 Stairs Card)
- 15 Red Wooden Damage Tokens (shaped like hearts)
- 6 White Wooden Potion Tokens (cube-shaped)
- 8 Green Wooden Poison Tokens (shaped like circles, because I guess that’s what poison looks like)
- 1 Poison Reference Card